Sunday 5 February 2006

New Childminders Pow-Wow

The girls met with their new childminders last Thursday.

Caitlin will be going to a new Playgroup three days a week and then she will be going home with Helen (the lady that runs the Playgroup). Helen use to be a registered childminder until she set up this playgroup just over 10 years ago. She is married to one of Ivan's best friends, I've met her lots of times. She is a lovely girl and I have no problem with her looking after Caitlin.

We've told Caitlin that she is going to a new Playgroup (along with her current one two days per week) and she is very lucky cause she will have two lots of friends to play with, two lots of toys etc. We've also told her she will be going home with Helen who will mind her until daddy comes to pick her up. For the most part she has digested this information and is happy with it. She even said to me "It's because you're going back to work, isn't it? You don't like work, poor mummy"

Caitlin got on great with Helen. She thinks Helen is brilliant cause she has long, blond hair! Nuff said.

Helen asked Caitlin lots of questions about what she likes doing in Playgroup, playing with, watching on TV, eating etc. Caitlin answered and talked to Helen like she had known her all her life. She can't wait to visit the Playgroup this week ~ it has a box of Barbies and a slide (currently not available in her present Playgroup!).

Helen's mum is called Beril and she will be looking after Lauren. This I'm more anxious about. Leaving my baby makes everything about going back to work more real.

Beril is a lovely lady and she was just smitten with Lauren! She is really looking forward to having her and wants me to bring all the usual pruck Lauren will need during the day to keep her happy. She is happy with me leaving it in her house, saves me carting it back and forward every day. She goes out walking every day, so Lauren will get plenty of fresh air. Lauren wasn't strange at all, she loves everyone and begs for attention This one-on-one will suit her, I hardly think she will miss me!

I think this is the right decision for my family. I believe my girls will be well looked after and I do trust these people.

Trouble is, I'm feeling a bit blue. I don't want to leave them. Only natural I suppose.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((HUG)))