Sunday 23 January 2005

Preparing the Big Sister

I also wanted to add that things have been going great with Caitlin. We don't bombard her but we do talk about the new baby coming and she seems to have grasped the idea! She has a baby in her belly and her baby-doll has a baby in it's belly too, lol.



If you ask her what is she going to do with her dummies ~ she says she is giving them to the new baby. She only really has the dummy going to bed but if she hasn't threw it away by July, I hope to use the arrival of her brother or sister as a way to get rid! You never know, they might just buy her a big surprise for being such a good big sister!



If you ask her about her nappies ~ she says she is giving them to the new baby and she is getting Big Girl Pants! I'm hoping to take time of over Easter to try the potty training thing! At the minute she will sit on the toilet or potty but we've not really tried hard with this issue.



If you ask her about her cot ~ she says she is giving it to Daddy to put away for the new baby and she is getting a Big Girls Bed. We ordered the bed the other week and I should get it delivered within the next 2 weeks. We've bought the duvet & pillow and I want to take Caitlin shopping and let her pick out her bedding. I think she will be ok with this change. She sleeps 12 hours+ at night and has no problems with going to bed. So fingers crossed on this one!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, sweetie! I was wondering where you went. Gosh, it's nice that your little girl is old enough to grasp the idea of giving things to the new baby. As for my daughter, Grace's, "dummies" (pacifiers) I would LOVE for her to give them up. She's only allowed to have them at nap and bed time, but still. She's currently fascinated with my belly button...Cheers!