Sunday 13 February 2005

18 Weeks

I've not been on for a while but all has been well.

Last Saturday I was just about slipping into a depression filled weekend when Ivan pulled it out of the bag at the last minute, lol.

After some huffing, stomping about and tears (all from me) he told me to go up and get ready to go into town. We drove in and he then said he was taking Caitlin for the afternoon and would pick me up later!

I was in town, on my own, to shop, for myself. I had not done this in a looooooooooong time!! Shocked

It didn't take long to get my grove back Lol I got maternity jeans, lots of tops, a sports cardy and new shoes. I felt like I was walking on cloud 9 when Ivan came to pick me up. (I've also ordered a lot of stuff online that I'm hoping will arrive this week ~ look's like I've been bitten by the shopping bug).

On Sunday, Caitlin and I popped up to visit my mum for her birthday. My sister said that it looked like I'd lost a lot of weight and my bump was more pronounced. She also said I was *blooming* That is great coming from her.

Lots of people in work mentioned my bump this week. It is growing. When I breath in it doesn't make any difference now Rolling Eyes I've also noticed that I'm running to the toilet a lot more now. My internal bits and pieces must be getting pushed around a bit. The joy's of pregnancy!

I got the results of my Triple Test back on Friday and they are all good. In relation to the risk of having a baby with Downs, the apparent score for my age is 1:500 but my blood test showed a risk of 1:1400. That is a relief but I still find myself worrying about other things. I think that is only natural. At the minute I'm not feeling a lot of movement. They say with your 2nd+ pregnancy you should feel movement earlier but except for the odd flutter, I'm feeling nothing. Even with the flutters, they've passed before I realise. I'm hoping the next few weeks bring about a change.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you to have a day to yourself!!

Anonymous said...

Yay that everything is going well! I felt movement later with my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies (around 20 weeks or so), so don't worry!

Anonymous said...

Wow, shopping by yourself...I've not idea what that's like...must be fabulous!!

I was all set to feel my 2nd baby move at like 10 weeks and flipped when I didn't. It was somewhere around 18 wks. or so. You're totally normal...deep breath... :)