Sunday 7 August 2005

Big Day Tomorrow

Ivan returns to work tomorrow.

It will be a real testing time for both of us. Him, because of the nature of his job and the recent loss of his mother and me, quite trivial in comparison but the thought of being left on my own with the two girls is SCARY !!!!!



Lauren has become a little more demanding. She wants to be held a lot. I've also noticed that she is becoming more alert and stays awake longer between feeds. Problem is, she doesn't know what to do during these bouts of wakefulness and this is when she wants held or else she starts fussing and crying. Usually I can handle it.



Caitlin is still Caitlin. Always wants to play with you. Constantly suggesting we go to the park, or bake, or read, or watch a DVD, or play on the swing. She has no concept of the words "Yes love, in a minute". These 5 words usually bring about a little stamping of the feet from Ms. C!

So between the two of them, I'm a little nervous about the coming week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll do fine, and soon it will become second nature! ((hug))

Anonymous said...

Hang in there sister! You'll be great! Ms. C will learn that she has to share attention (it's a tough concept to handle though!) and I hope that Lauren takes a paci (made all the difference in the world for me!).

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Been there, done that. I think John got a couple of days off when Julie was born. The first few days will be hard, but have Ivan bring home dinner until you get the hang of it, and ask him to pick up the house at night.

You'll be just fine, just don't do too much! I hope you are taking good care of yourself, Ivan can certainly pick up your slack. You are still at risk for bleeding problems, take it as easy as you can.

((((HUG))))