Wednesday 10 August 2005

So far ~ Not So Bad

Monday was good. I had both girls dressed by 09.30, lol. I bought a little time by promising Caitlin that if she was good and let mummy do some housework, I'd paint with her a little later in the day! I got two washes done and hung out on the line, a general house tidy and the weekly shop all put away before we sat down to paint!

(I did cheat a little with the weekly shop ~ I ordered online and got it delivered, all for an extra £5)

I felt like I had turned a corner with Lauren. When she was awake she didn't cry (as much) and she was content to lie in her basket awake for short periods of time!

Ivan was home from work early and took Caitlin out for a while in the afternoon. I took Lauren to Baby Club to get weighed. Guess what? She was 10lb 2oz at birth and 4 weeks later weighs 11lb 4oz. She's doin good, no?

I then popped into the Doctors and got a blood test done. Results in a week. Hopefully everything will have returned to normal and no more B12 shots or iron tablets. When I was there I got the nurse to look at my wound as I have a tiny 1cm bit that hasn't closed over. She dressed it and told me to come back in a few days. I might need to see the Doctor about getting it closed!

Tuesday was also a good day. Both girls were bathed and dressed in the morning and we were out of the house be 11.30 am. I was very pleased at myself. We went to the local park, then for a walk, then lunch at McDs, back to the park and then home for 2pm.

Both girls then napped while I hovered upstairs, sorted out a bag for the Charity Shop and cleaned the bathroom.

I know every day will not be as productive as these but I know now that I can handle the bad with the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound like an old hand at this already!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for your blood test!

Anonymous said...

Any word on the blood results?

You're doing a great job learning how to juggle your daughters, you should be very proud of yourself.

(((HUG)))