Wednesday 17 August 2005

Wet Wednesday

Wednesday seem to be the worst day of the week for me. Or should I say for Lauren.

Last Wednesday she cried all afternoon until around 7pm. Until her dad came home from golf !!!! I swear, I had just got her settled and he walked in the door. Of course I then had to leave for a meeting with a photographer and I was so stressed by this time.

Even poor Caitlin asked why she was crying so much! I had to say she had a sore tummy and couldn't tell us so all Lauren knew what to do was cry! Don't think Caitlin bought it!

Then tonight, again with Ivan out at his friends dads surprise birthday party, she kicked off again. In true Lauren style. This time I could feel the trapped wind in her tummy and felt so helpless. I even rang Ivan three times and he offered to come home but I wouldn't let him. I felt such a failure as a mum. Thankfully Caitlin went to bed without any hesitation. I think she wanted away from the noise!

I got Lauren settled at around 9pm and she woke again at 10 pm but I've just put her down again, so fingers crossed x


I think I'm ready for a girls night out next week. Better make it Wednesday!

On a side note, I rang on Monday for the results from my blood test and spoke to the Receptionist. My fulate (sp ?) was normal and my B12 was ok but they wanted me to make an appointment to see the Doctor, so how did Wednesday with Dr. Page sound!

I said I had to have my post natal done and could it be done then but she said no and we re-scheduled for Friday at 11.30 am. I can't believe how hard it is to get someone to look after Caitlin as I don't want to bring her with me.

I'm not unduly worried, more anxious to be given the all clear. I did think it was odd to book me in with the only female Doc in the Practice (b4 I mentioned getting the post natal done) but I've got over that, so Friday it is.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

((hug)) Wednesday's all but over for you, I hope you do get that girls' night out next week!