Friday 1 January 2010

New Year - New Start

My 40th birthday is 15 April 2011.

That gives me 16 months to turn my life around and for some reason I really believe that this time I can do it

January 2009 I weighed 224 lb. January 2010 I weigh 202 lb.

Not bad considering I had a baby 4 weeks ago today! I lost 11lb before I got pg and I lost the remaining during / after pg. My current primary aim is to stay at this weight in the coming weeks and not creep back up to my pre-pg weight!

I have suspended my gym membership until April, so I plan to start walking again as a gentle form of exercise. I've recovered well from the c-section but I still need to get the all clear from my doctor as I had a little heart scare 24 hrs after the op. They thought I had a blood clot or 'stress on the heart' (possible heart attack) but after ECG and a series of blood tests I got the all clear. Just need to take things easy at the minute.

My eating over Christmas hasn't been too bad but I can't lapse back into my bad habits. I need to get organised and starting Monday I will ...

1) Watch what I eat
2) Plan my meals
3) Drink plenty of water
4) Keep a food journal

1 comments:

Deirdre said...

Hi Lorraine, I think you will do it this time! You are doing so well already, and what a positive attitude. :adore
Here's to great New Year!