Thursday 14 April 2005

Antenatal Appointment Today

I had an appointment this afternoon. BP was good and just a little ketones in my urine. I got the test sticks to check my urine daily!

The Doctor said she wouldn't try to measure the baby today but she'd let me have a look at my little one on the scan anyway. Seen her moving around and heart beating away.

Doctor made a note that we should aim for a c/section at 39 wks but then rang to see if there was an Anaesthetist available to come a discuss what happened last time etc.

I met with the Consultant Anaesthetist and I think they have decided that I will have a Epidural Cathater & Spinal. She talked about the risks involved and said that if the baby is very big, if there is a lot of fluid surrounding the baby and if I myself am quite swollen and puffy, this will increase the risk to me during the op. She explained my breathing, BP etc. could all be effected and as a last resort they might have to put me under. She also said they would probably do a test a week or two before to checking my blood cloting agents. If they are low then I may have to be put under to lessen the risk of bleeding out again. I was in for 45 mins with her and I made/took lots of notes so I do feel reassured. She thinks they might do the op at 38 wks.

Not sure how I feel about the overall outcome. I have mixed emotions at this stage. I'm worried, anxious, nervous but hopeful everything will go ok. What's the worst that can happen? ~ we have a repeat preformance of last time? I think I can handle that.

I really don't want to be put under but as long as my baby is ok, then I'll go with whatever they decide is best.

0 comments: