Tuesday 12 April 2005

Movement

I’ve been feeling lots of movement. Last Friday was the first day I actually felt uncomfortable ~ is that too early?

The baby was in a position, which meant it was all up top, and to the front of my bump. Sitting at my desk was awkward. Just plain sitting was hard. I had to gently nudge the baby but to no avail.

I’ve also noticed in the past few days that you can see my tummy move. This has to be my all time favourite part of pregnancy.

The strangest feeling has to be the low down, deep inside, standing or punching of the bladder!!!

In an effort to involve Caitlin in this new phase of pregnancy, I got her to put her hand on my tummy to feel the baby kick. She jumped of the sofa and started kicking the chair. I asked her what she was doing and she said, “The baby was kicking me Mummy”. “No, no” I said, “The baby was just nudging you and saying ‘Hello, Big Sister’” Her wee face lit up.


Now she is running around saying, “Hello, Big Sister” and telling everyone who will listen “Baby not bigger than me, I’m Big Sister!”.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Long time no hear. Drop me a line when you can. geek at kategeek dot com

:) Kate

And no, its not too early to feel uncomfortable. Julie dropped low on my bladder from the 20th week onwards. I feel for ya!!!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! I bought Kiddo#1 a tiny teeshirt that reads, "I'm the Big Brother" for him to wear.

You can also print them out on the printer at Nickeloden's website for Dora.

Nice to know that the baby is kicking!