Saturday 11 June 2005

Can't believe I've been MIA for so long !!!!

RL has been super busy and I haven't been able to find time for the internet. Work has been hectic, so no web time there and when I get home in the evening I'm so tired any free time is spent napping!

So, last weekend I was sick morning, noon and night but I blamed the iron tablets cause I had to double my dose! I couldn't seem to keep anything down except ice cubes!

Then I had a really strange night on Friday. I woke up with tummy pain twice through the night in a space of about 3 hours. I had really low down cramping-like pain, tightenings and terrible back pain (although I suffer from back pain a lot). I honestly thought I gone into early labour and had to pant & breath my way through the pain, no joke. My instinct told me it wasn't labour but that maybe the BH are stepping up a gear or two!

I didn't go into labour with Caitlin cause I was induced etc. but it got me thinking about contractions and how will I know and what is the difference between BH and real contractions?Which also leads me to my next question ... how do you time contractions? I get confused by how long they last v how long they are inbetween?

I had the same pains and woke through the night on Sunday night and I also had a bit of spotting. Again, for some reason, I wasn't overly worried. I knew I had an antenatal in a few days and would ask about it all then.

So I went to the hospital on Thursday and BP was 131/81, Urine was clear.

Got a scan to get some more measurements. Head currently spot on but the tummy is putting me at about 38 wks. With the current measurements, the current approx weight is 6lb 4 oz. Just above 90th centile line.

If I have anymore strange pains, spotting or suspect fluid leaking I've to go straight back to hospital and get checked out.

The doctor also booked me in for a c-section on 11 July. That is my 'due date' week and there are 2 Bank Holidays in Northern Ireland so she wanted to book me in cause they will be busy and she defo doesn't want me going over my date.

There is always the chance that they will still bring the date forward if baby hits another growth spurt. I've to go back again in two weeks to find out!

0 comments: