Thursday 23 June 2005

Update

Got a phone call from the hospital last Thursday to say that they weren't happy with my blood results and to go in on Monday to have further tests done. Didn't see a doctor, just a midwife who just took a lot of blood and told me it would be tested and the results would be back in time for my next appointment.

I had that hospital appointment today.

BP was 119/80. Protein in my urine so that is away off to be checked.

Baby was measuring 41wks +5 days !!! Current approx weight 8lb 6oz.

She is now off the chart and looks like she will be around the same weight as Caitlin. Cause of this, the Consultant wants me in for another GTT ~ I've to go in on Wednesday morning, after fasting, get my bloods done, they then provide breakfast and do my bloods again!

The results from Monday were back and didn't look good either. My hemoglobin levels have dropped to 8.8 and my iron is down to 6.

Something else was down to 92 (acceptable level 140 - 650) and another thing was at 5% (acceptable level 20 - 50%).

I've to go to hospital tomorrow at 4.30 pm and get set up on a drip to start my iron infusion. I go in Saturday & Sunday too and they will review the situation at my next appointment on Thursday. They said they would explain everything tomorrow, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I'm not sure what (if any) the side effects of the infusion are but I hope I can make my Dad's birthday party on Saturday evening. He is 60 on Monday and we're having a "Hoe Down" type Cowboy themed party!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope there's nothing serious in all of those tests. I'm thinking of you. Keep us filled in!

Ummm, I'm having a hard time picturing a hoe-down/cowboy themed party in N. Ireland...I'd love to be there to see it! :)