Sunday 26 June 2005

Iron All Done

I got my second Iron Infusion on Saturday and Ivan came along to hold my hand (or rather watch me being stuck with needles and ask lots of questions!). Went ok. Can't really complain.

I did wake up this morning feeling really sick. My face was swollen, my eyes nearly shut and my throat a mess. I started choking and gasping for breath so I mentioned this at my last appointment this afternoon. I thought it was just freaky and not a reaction to the iron but to be on the safe side the Doc gave me a good going over!

I could have differed the last infusion for a few days but I decided not too. Afterwards he checked my chest, temp & BP. All fine. Then he wanted to do a trace on baby for a while and check everything was ok, which it was.

It was nice to have the reassurance. So, I should see an increase in my energy levels next week and I've to go back and get the bloods done the week after that. They may decide to give me a boost of B12 / Folic Acid too if the levels are still low before delivery, but hey, I'll take whatever is on offer if it helps me and my baby!

0 comments: