Monday 12 September 2005

Our Trip to the Emergency Room

Lauren got her 1st jabs on Thursday afternoon was really unsettled for a few days afterwards, which I expected. She wanted cuddled, didn't like to be set down. She wasn't feeding well and cried for 4 hours solid on Friday night.

Then on Saturday I noticed a rash, mostly on her front upper torso, back & neck. I did the glass test and it went away, so I was thinking just a reaction to the shots rather than something like meningitis.

She didn't run a temp and in my heart I knew it wasn't anything too sinister. I spoke to my sister, who is a nurse and she told me what to look out for but overall Lauren was in good spirits.

Well, when we got up this morning the rash had spread all over her body, face & head and looked very angry. Even her little eyes were swollen, so I ended up taking her to hospital.

We were there for 4+ hours. They thought she looked very pale and check her bloods but this and every other test the ran showed nothing.

They think the rash is as a result of a viral infection (unrelated to the jabs) and we were able to go home after the urine test came back clear. I've just to keep an eye on her and her temp.

As I say, in herself she is fine, still laughing & talking away. Eating less but sleeping more.

I hope the little mite feels better tomorrow.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor little one. {{{hugs}}}

I hope her rash is gone soon and she's feeling better.