Saturday 10 September 2005

Role Play

Just two quickies!

Caitlin has started to role play more and more now. She even does the voices for her dolls and teddies when playing..

The other day she was playing a school in her bedroom. Ivan and I could hear a lot of shouting, thing like “You are very naughty” “Don’t do that!”
I had to sneak upstairs to take a peak and she had a lot of dolls sitting on her pillow while she was sitting on the bed reading them a story. There was a small pile of teddies on the floor and I asked if they fell off the bed to which Caitlin replied “No mummy, they were bold and they are in the naughty corner” Then she said to the pile on the floor “There, are you sorry now!”

Also, in the car the other day she had a Barbie like doll and was talking away to it. Then I heard “Be good or I will tie you up!”. I looked round and she was threatening Barbie with her pink pearl necklace. I asked her what she was doing and she said “Like my wrist strap when I run away!”.


Oh my. I’ve created a monster.


It’s not like I’m constantly reprimanding her but now I’m going to have to watch what I say. Funny thing is, I always said to Ivan that Caitlin is the type of child that will go into school and tell her teacher everything! She remembers everything.

0 comments: