Monday 22 January 2007

That Was The Week That Was

The start of the week seems so long ago, I can only presume it passed by without event!

The only thing of any note was that I'd gained 2lb when I stood on the scales on Monday morning. No surprise there then!

Things took a major turn on Thursday evening when Lauren had a tumble and fell head first onto the edge of the marble fireplace. I just can't put into words what I felt at that moment. Ivan got to her first and she was screaming the place down. I grabbed her and checked for damage. When I noticed her head I let out a scream but then I remembered I was the "Mom" therefore I had to stay in control, keep calm and sort it out.

It's strange but something just comes over you and you spring into action, knowing what to do. Whilst checking over and calming Lauren I got Ivan to get a damp cloth. During all this poor Caitlin was sitting on the floor in floods of tears. I tried my best to reassure her and asked her to put her shoes on . I knew a trip to A&E was essential!

The first hospital, the one only 5 minutes away from our house, was closed! Yes. It closes at 5pm. So we had to drive onto the Children's Hospital were she was checked over and x-rayed. The poor mite was doing her best and kept saying "Hello" to all the medical staff and even said "Cheese" when they were doing her x-ray!

They thought there was a small hairline fracture but after three 2nd opinion's, it was cleared and we were allowed home. I had to keep checking on her through the night so she slept with me. When I spoke to my boss, she was great. Told me to stay at home on Friday and look after Lauren.

Friday night we went to a friends house (with the girls in tow). Just went for a few house & a few drinks. Taxi home. Somewhere between friends, taxi and our house I lost my mobile phone. Don't you just hate that?! I cannot remember half the number on there and I'll not remember what's missing until I need to ring someone. Oh! I'd also stored my credit card pin numbers on there, clever I know!

Saturday & Sunday were quiet compared to Thursday & Friday. Didn't go over the door unless we had to. The girls got a lovely parcel from friends in Canada on Saturday, so that kept Caitlin busy for a while. I've a few bits & pieces to send out but was waiting for payday! Sometimes the cost of mailing is more that the value of the goods inside.

Anyway, that week is over. This week is just starting. I wonder what it will bring?

0 comments: