Wednesday 18 January 2006

Time To ‘Fess Up

Someone has fiddled with my baby’s in-built alarm clock!
I had one of those little angels that goes to sleep around 1930 hrs and wakes around 0700 hrs. But since the middle of last week Lauren has taken to waking at 0530 hrs! Now some might say “Serves you right” but I cannot think of anything bad enough that I’ve done lately to deserve this torture.

I’ve tried whispering in her ear, all motherly, that is it unacceptable behaviour and that I‘d much prefer if she would lie on in the mornings. I’ve tried keeping her up later at night (she went to bed last Thursday at 2130 hrs but still woke at 0530 hrs). I’ve tried dreaming feeding her around midnight. All without success.

I’ve also tried looking for the re-set switch. I’ve lifted up the back of her vest, checked in her nappy, checked the bottom of her head. All the usual places you’d find a switch on Baby Annabell or Baby Chou Chou or Baby Born but suffice to say Baby Lauren does not have a re-set switch.

However, I’ve not given up hope. I’m a “cup half full” type of girl and I’m determined to win this battle!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Ella was up every 2 hrs for over 6 months. She finally slept when she was strapped into a playpen change table . I think I might have told you this !!! Anyways, it won't last forever !!!

Anonymous said...

This happens all the time to my kids, especially when they hit around 2 yrs old. They wake up constantly all night for no reason at all. Drives me insane! I'm still up with Damien at least 3 times a week so don't worry you're not alone!

Hope things are going well you're way!