Monday 2 January 2006

We had a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

Caitlin loved, loved, loved Christmas morning, although the night before she decided she didn’t want Santa to come into her bedroom with her stocking and asked if he could just leave it down stairs! She then wanted us to lock the stair gate to stop him getting upstairs!

When she waked in and seen her bike, she just kept saying “Wow, wow, wow” over and over. She is a right little racer, she goes soooo fast. Her steering is good but she cannot yet use the breaks!

Lauren loved unwrapping the presents and didn’t mind too much about what was inside! She has a few favourites, like a little bunny rattle my sister got her. It has really long ears, legs and arms ~ all great for chewing on!

I only had one tearful episode over the holiday period so I’m quite pleased about that. It was up in my mum and dad’s house on Christmas night! I think it was induced by the wine, I should have known better. I just admitted to my mum the problems I’ve been having and the flood gates opened. I was glad my sisters weren’t around to see it, that would have made me feel even worse! The next morning I felt so ashamed and angry with myself. We were driving home and I was quite. I kept going over and over in my head what I’d said and done the night before. Thankfully Ivan was able to get through to me before I sank any deeper. He talked me round and by the time we got home I’d accepted I’d been a drunken prat and it was no biggie!

My mum babysat on Friday evening (only night we could get a sitter) and we went out to celebrate New Years Eve Eve. We went into town about 3pm and didn’t get to bed until 2am. A great time was had. It was just what we needed. We went to a few new bars that we had not visited before, we went for a lovely meal and we ended up in an old favourite to finish the night. Lets just say that between us we drank a lot, lot, lot of vodka, enough to keep the Russians happy for another couple of months! If I never see another vodka cocktail it will be too soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had a joyful holiday! Your girls are just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a good holiday! I've been a little tearful myself recently, off and on. I'm eternally thinking of ya, Lorraine.

(((HUG)))

Anonymous said...

Great picture of the girls! They are so cute. Sounds like you had a great Christmas and New Years. Glad you got to escape with dh for New Years, we all need a break like that!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a great holiday. I think of you often and am glad to hear that things sound like they are getting better (hugg)

lisa

And if I haven't posted this a million other times, your girls are BEAUTIFUL!!! :)