Tuesday 27 February 2007

A funny "Caitlin" story

I could write a book full of the funny things Caitlin says & does! This one happened last Friday night ...

We went out to dinner and when I was paying the bill the waitress gave Caitlin a lollipop. I took it off her and said she'd get it when we get home & Lauren was in bed as I didn't want a major screaming match in the back of the car!

We were in the car driving home and Caitlin said "Mum, what's your phone number?"

I made up a random phone number and she repeated it saying ...

Caitlin - "Mummy, you're going to get a call"
Me - "Who from?"
Caitlin - "God"
Me - "Why is God going to call me?"
Caitlin - "He is going to tell you to give me my lollipop back"

She then went on to say to herself quietly "God that was mums number, ring her and tell her. I know you are listening, like you always do!"

Now that in itself was funny but I know the logic behind it which to me, was hysterical.


Earlier in the day, Caitlin said that a friend in Nursery school was getting her to say bad words, like 'for fucks sake'. I went on to tell her that even if I wasn't there or even if the teacher couldn't hear, she shouldn't use words like this as God would always be listening!

Clever girls obviously took all this in and tried to use it against me, lol.

0 comments: