Sunday 18 February 2007

Take 3 things ...

I know that this is all it takes to get my ass in gear and start losing weight but why, oh why, can't I get my shit together and do them all together, at once, every day?

I need to get my lazy ass in gear and exercise
I need to eat healthy
I need to drink more water

I start the week with good intentions but by Wednesday they've all up'd and left me. I can only manage one of the above at any given time. How crap is that?

I'm a grown woman, with a full time job and two kids under 5, ffs!

I'm meant to be able to multi-task. That's that's a skill we're born with. I mean, we can all juggle x-amount of tasks per day but throw in some exercise & healthy eating and I'm as much use as a chocolate tea pot.

That is why things have got to change. I will be honest with myself from here on in, I will make more of an effort. At the end of the day, I'm doing it all for me. No-one else, just me.

I need to get healthy, I need to be able to run about with the kids without keeling over. I need to be able to walk into a shop and buy clothes off the peg. I need to be able to feel comfortable with myself when I look in the mirror and not despise the image looking back at present. I need to feel happy & confident in the company of others. I need to be able to wear a swimsuit and not want a wave to wash me out to sea. I need to be able to see my face & neck again and not the person with all the folds of skin and multiple chins I see at present. I need to learn how to love 'me' again.



So today, the truth and nothing but the truth from here on in ::

I went walking today. Only 30 mins of risk walking, pushing a buggy but it was exercise none the less. I eat like a pig all day and I don't think a drop of water passed my lips.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY on the walking! Motivation is the hardest part for me. It seems I can always find any excuse not to exercise.