Tuesday 15 March 2005

I've Been Slacking

I've been slacking with my blog recently, not good, and I've no excuse other than Ivan downloaded a new game to the PC and I'm addicted to it!

I have been feeling really tired again but I'm putting that down to being anemic. I am sleeping every chance I get. I went back to bed on Saturday afternoon (in fact, we all did!) and got a quick nap on Sunday too. I have a stuffy head cold, which hasn't helped.

Caitlin and I are talking about the arrival of the new baby, more and more now. She asked on Sunday if the baby was coming out of my tummy to play with her, bless. She quite likes the idea of me putting the baby in the *plam* and her putting her baby in the buggy and we both go for a big walk. She has also got it into her head that the baby will cry a lot! I've said that this is a possibility but I'm hoping for an angel baby just like her.

We were in a baby shop the other day and I was showing Cailtin a moses basket and explaining that this is what our baby will sleep in. She then started to tell the other customers to "be quite, baby sleeping".

We have our big scan next Thursday and I can't wait. We will get to see our baby again. I think we've decided to ask about the sex of the baby. If they can tell us then I'd like to know. It will help prepare Caitlin (well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!).

You know I still haven't bought a thing for the baby yet. How bad is that? We have all the practical stuff, all in working order and in excellent condition. We really don't have a lot to get. I've my eye on a few items of clothing but I'm not going to go overboard until the baby arrives.

Last time, I had to give a lot of tiny baby clothes, vest and nappies away cause Caitlin was sooooo big (remember her birth weight was 10 lb 14.5 oz ~ they joked that she came out with her school bag on her back!).

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOLY SMOKES, Caitlin was a big baby! Congrats to you for carrying her and getting her out!

If I knew the sex of my baby I would be a buying fool, maybe that's the reason I didn't find out? Don't feel bad about not buying anything yet, you have plenty of time to shop! :)