Wednesday 30 March 2005

Yesterday, whilst Ivan took Caitlin to his mums for a while, I tackled the roof space! Well officially, it's not up in the roof but in under the eves ~ so there was no climbing involved. But I did have to scramble about in the dark, hunched over and knelt down so as not to put my head out through the roof!

I was looking for maternity clothes and baby clothes and successfully found both. I also noted the Moses basket, bouncy chair, baby bath, toys and all the head huggers for various chairs etc. placed neatly in a bag!

I then had a quick fashion show with the maternity clothes before throwing them all in the wash basket for a *freshen up*. To my delight they are still very much suitable. Mostly work wear but very much needed.

I held off checking the baby clothes until today but I just had to rush out and buy a new baby box tidy thing to put them in as plastic bags will no longer do!

I have lots and lots of babygros, cardigans, little suits & dresses. Lots of little socks, bibs, blankets and sheets. The only items I'm missing are vests. I have also ordered a few items online and they should be here within the next week or two. After the new vests, that is it ~ I'm not buying anymore clothes until the little one arrives. I know she will be well kited out when my family start buying, so I'd better hold off!

I need to start making a list of the things I do need, like :: bottles, changing mat ...... my mind has gone blank! I also need to check things like the sterilizer and baby monitors still work!

Oh, I also stumbled upon a baby name book, so I think I'll curl up with that before going to bed tonight. Any suggestions will be gratefully received!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh. You know Rebekah is a great name! LOL.

I love reading your blog Lorraine. :adore

Anonymous said...

Stuff!! Woohoo! I love stuff!!

Anonymous said...

A pretty neat online tool is the baby name launcher...it can show you the popularity of names which might help with baby names! It's called the Baby Name Wizard Launcher...or something along those lines. :)

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun to go through baby stuff again???!!

I think the name Ashlyn goes really well with Caitlin... or you could even spell it Ashlin. LOL :)

Anonymous said...

I would like to throw the name "Mama Duck" into the ring. Think about it, she'd NEVER have the same name as any of her classmates... :)

Seriously good luck with the name thing, I hope you and Ivan are on the same page in those regards.