Tuesday 27 January 2009

I H.A.T.E

I hate how I look, so I don’t like looking in the mirror; I only look at myself from the shoulders up
I hate that I can’t wear nice clothes, as a result I don’t like shopping for clothes
I hate that I’m not fit, I’m overweight and unhealthy
I hate the word ‘diet’
I hate that I’m an embarrassment to husband & kids
I hate that I sometimes snore at night, can’t get a decent sleep and then I’m grouchy the next day
I hate being self conscious
I hate healthy eating but I know my body needs it
I hate getting my photograph taken and I’ve just realized that there are very little photos of me and the girls as a result
I hate that I am lazy
I hate that I’ve no willpower or determination but I’ve got plenty of self pity
I hate that my blood pressure is ‘border line’
I hate what use to be my tummy and is now my ‘mothers apron’
I hate my scales, I think they see me coming and the needle swings to a fixed number before I even step on them
I hate exercise but I know I need to do it
I hate that I am weak

1 comments:

Deirdre said...

Oh Lorraine - I could have written so much of that post (((huggs)))
Honestly I feel the same way, right down to the photos, Calum says I'll regret it.
BUT, we need to stop feeling like that, because we both deserve better. We deserve to look at ourselves with respect and we are worth more than the anger and hurt.
I hope you feel better tonight.

Did you go for the gym membership? I'm going back to Sainsbury's tomorrow morning to see what they have, payday on Thursday, so I'm going to buy a couple of things and try to stop myself making excuses not to exercise.

Lots of ((((((hugs)))))) xxx