Wednesday 25 February 2009

Sssshh!

I have another weigh in approaching (Monday) and as usual I'm not looking forward to it.  I did have a blip a few weeks back when the kids were away and I think I put about 3lb back on.  So if I've maintained for the month of February, whilst not happy about it - I'll have to accept it!


I got to the gym last Friday and even made it into the health spa!  I sat in the steam room for a good while, followed by a brief jacuzzi and then out.  I enjoyed the diversity.

This week I went to the gym on Monday.   Still pushing for 30 mins treadmill, 15 mins bike, 5 mins arm cycle and 3 mins wave or stepper.  It works out about an hour long session, with time to move from machine to machine & catch my breath in between.  But is this enough?  Should I be aiming for more?  I try and aim for 3 gym session per week.  I couldn't really find the time for anymore!

Last night, because time was an issue, I opted for 12 mins on the VibroPlate.  It's meant to be the same as one hour in the gym.  I would disagree to some extent but I did feel it in my leg muscles and believe it must be an added bonus if I work it into with my trips to the gym.

Tonight, because of a tummy bug, I didn't dare leave the house for the gym!

2 comments:

Deirdre said...

Wow, Lorraine, you are doing great with the exercise. Remember when you weigh in that muscle weighs more, so even if you've maintained you've still made a big difference!
3 hours a week is a great amount of exercise, because what you are doing is all getting your heart rate up! You are a star!!!!!

Lorraine said...

Thanks Deirdre x I am happy with the fact that I'm actually going to the gym. I know I'm in for the long haul with regards to weight loss but can already push myself a little further / harder on the machines with out feeling like I'll pass out!