Friday 26 November 2004

Barf-a-rama

I knew getting up in the middle of the night to pee was all part of the process and to be honest, I don't mind this. I can get from my bed to the bathroom and back into bed without opening my eyes! When it gets to the stage where you have to pee every half hour however, that's another story. That will involve swapping sides of the bed in order to make my journey shorter.



That said, what I do mind is waking up in the middle of the night to have *morning sickness*!!!!! I ask you? 2.30 this morning I am woken up out of my sleep with the urge to barf. I tried my hardest to fight it but to no avail.



What I was most surprised about was when Ivan asked if I was ok! I told him to go back to sleep but he got up and went to get me water. He wanted to rub my back but I like to barf in private and sent him back to bed. What a sweetheart, I didn't know he cared that much! When I mentioned it to him earlier this evening, he couldn't remember a thing! Didn't remember me being sick and didn't remember him being my knight in shinning armour and getting me water!



How long will it last? Ivan's concern that is ~ not the m.n.n sickness!



(from here on in Morning Sickness will officially be know as m.n.n sickness ~ morning, noon and night sickness)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm, yeah. "They" (authors, doctors, etc.) lie. We call it "All Day Sickness" around here. My theory is that some doctors (men, no doubt) decided to call it Morning Sickness in a futile attempt to mentally condition women to think that they were only sick during the morning. Best wishes to you (try Preggie Pops if you can) and congrats! :)

Anonymous said...

Feel better. I only got up twice in the night to barf. Morning sickness is really the most horrible part of being pregnant. I am finding it hard to enjoy.. it's like enough is enough. Anyways feel better!!

~*Isabel*~