Saturday 20 November 2004

Thought I'd introduce the ~ Big Sister 2B ~





This is Caitlin, my little angel.



I still look at her and wonder how it all came about. How we were blessed with such a wonderful gift in our lives. She truly is amazing. Everything about her. Her looks, her manner, her independant streak, her laugh, her ability to always be happy and make others smile. I love her more than I can ever express.



When Caitlin was born, I was given the chance to see the world through a child's eyes again and I relish it. Everyday with her is a new experience.



Just tonight she hurt her knee and wanted a 'Magic Plaster'. On went the plaster, on went the PJ's ready for bed and I kissed her knee and said "In the morning, your knee will be better and we can take the plaster off". "No mummy" she said 'matter of factly', shaking her head as if I was totally stupid, "It be's sore, ouch" This from a 2 year old.



I know she will make a great big sister. If this pregnancy goes well, Caitlin will be 3 months shy of her 3rd birthday. Potty trained and in her own bed. She has a caring nature and has always been around younger toddlers and babies. I'm hoping we can tap into this and give her little jobs to do to help with her brother or sister. I think my only fear is that she will feel left out or jealous. I will never let that happen, though.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a mom and a grandmother and am perfectly qualified to tell you that Caitlin is adorable!

My first grandson was to be a girl and "her" name was Caitlin! I smocked dresses for her and made her a christening gown.

But when it was time for Caitlin to make her entrance, she was a "he!" A cute spunky little boy whom they named Connor.

See why there's a special place in my heart for little girls named Caitlin? I wish you well with your pregnancy!