Tuesday 30 November 2004

Sharing the news with family

We told our families at the weekend. Ivan's mum was shocked but my family broke into a chorus of “I knew it, I told you so” “What did I say, eh?” “I knew that’s what you were going to say!” They thought we would have announced something on Christmas Day but I just couldn’t hold it in that long.



In the eyes and minds of children, our announcement was met with varying degrees of excitement!



We told my niece, Victoria who is 4 and she just fell about laughing. She loves the idea that I have a ‘baby in my belly’ (her words not mine). She believes it is growing inside me until it is big enough to come out. When I was pregnant with Caitlin and Victoria was only 2, she use to put a balloon or ball up her jumper and pretend she had a baby too! She’s very advanced for her age!



My other niece, Olivia who is 3, just screwed up her face and asked “Why?” Then ran off to play, no interest there then!



Then we asked Caitlin if Mummy should get a new baby boy or a new baby girl and she said “Baby Girl” then ran off to get me one of her dolls. If only it were always as easy as that!



Everyone is delighted and so are we.



I’m 7 wks + 3 and the baby is about the size of a small bean, about a half an inch long. Apparently, the baby has an oversized head in proportion to the body. The facial features are forming with dark spots where the eyes are, openings where the nostrils will be, and pits to mark the ears. Protruding buds that will become the arms and legs are more noticeable now. The hands and feet look like tiny paddles. You can't hear it yet, but the heart is beating about 150 beats per minute (or roughly twice the rate of mine.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too sweet. I'm glad it went over so well.

Anonymous said...

Hiya honey, I love reading your journal, and i'm glad the announcement went well!

Char.x

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you! Sounds like the announcement went very well! I love all the kids replies. LOL!

-Rebekah